You may remember that a while ago I got my DSL bandwidth upgraded to 3MBit/768KBbit. When testing the line speed through DSL Reports, the upload speed had indeed changed but the download speed, though improved, was still around 740KBit/s. I put it down to net congestion.

Today, I called Verizon thinking that maybe I'm wrong and my bandwidth is being throttled somewhere.

They put a work order in to check the line and this evening I lost all connectivity. A quick modem reboot later and I'm surfing at lightspeed!

www.dslreports.com/stest

I just downloaded a copy of perforce for use at home and got around a 350KByte/s download rate. Cool.