Since somebody asked…
- Copy photos from camera to a temporary folder on my MacBook Pro.
- Import photos from the tmp folder into organized directory structure in Adobe Lightroom, e.g. @/photos/2007/2007-05/2007-05-25-Zoo/RAW@ - renaming the files in the process as @2007-05-25-Zoo-001.jpg@, etc…
- Cull and process photos in Lightroom.
- Export the surviving photos as full resolution sRGB to, for example, @/photos/2007/2007-05/2007-05-25-Zoo/Processed@.
- Upload the processed photographs to Flickr - tag, title, permissions and licenses as appropriate.
- Copy the whole @/photos/2007/2007-05/2007-05-25-Zoo@ directory to my NAS.
- Resync the NAS to an offsite server as a final backup.
- Finally delete the photos from my camera once everything is backed up multiple ways.
Simple really :-)